Health and wellness industry has far better improvements in technology and creating better techniques for their users to keep a check on their health and fitness.
Sauna is one of those techniques that is getting popular day by day because of its extensive usefulness. The infrared sauna is one of its types because of its proven health benefits.
There are some health concerns when you hear the infrared like:
- Can infrared saunas be harmful?
- Can infrared saunas cause cancer?
- Are infrared saunas good for you?
We’ll try to guide you briefly about it in this post.
What are the dangers of an Infrared Sauna?
As I said, there are many health concerns while you opt to try radiation treatments. They can only be good if used under limitations and proper guidelines. Some of the infrared sauna dangers could be:
- Near-infrared can suppress the apoptosis process and can be a reason to develop skin cancer.
- The heat can cause dehydration and dizziness.
- People with cardiovascular diseases have a danger of lower blood pressure.
- Move slowly as you may experience lightheadedness.
- You might feel transient leg pain or airway irritation.
When you should avoid Infrared Saunas?
Infrared saunas proved to have many health benefits but you must have heard excess of everything is bad. Moderation is the key. Or avoid using it when you have health conditions.
Don’t go for infrared saunas, or must consult your healthcare provider if any of these conditions prevail:
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women should avoid it as the heat can damage your baby’s health.
- Heart problems: People who’ve heart problems must avoid it or consult their doctor before using an infrared sauna. It increases the heart rate and people with heart problems can have an arrhythmia.
- Compromised immune system: If you have a weak immune system you’re already at risk of catching germs. Until and unless the proper cleaning protocols don’t meet, don’t go for it. Even if they meet the international standard of proper protocol consult your doctor first.
- Motor nerves function conditions: If you’re prone to neurological conditions you must avoid it. Heat intensity might interrupt your ability to sense and respond which can cause heat injuries or burns.
- Age limitation: As it is explained already it can cause dehydration and dizziness, so people of old age should avoid it. Also, the children cannot regulate their body temperature as the adults can do they should avoid it too.
- Infrared saunas can also disrupt sperm motility that’s why men who’re planning to have a family should avoid it.
What about the Health Benefits of using an Infrared Sauna?
If there are pros there also cons. Disadvantages don’t mean that infrared saunas are not beneficial. There are many health benefits associated with using Infrared Saunas like relief from sore muscles, relaxation, better sleep, and much more.
You can read them all in detail here.
The bottom line to tell you all of this is, infrared saunas are modern and trendy ways to help people relax and rejuvenate while laying down or sitting in a small room.
Plus, they have many health benefits to make it worth trying.